Advanced Grit Blasting
Certified Coating Specialists Inc. (CCS) is committed to reducing the negative environmental impacts of surface preparation and waste management within the Industrial Painting Industry. To this end CCS has acquired a Steel Grit Recycler to reduce the environmental footprint.
This trailer mounted assembly of mechanical components provides CCS the ability to abrasive blast with steel grit to remove a coating system. More importantly, it affords CCS the ability to recycle/reuse the steel grit over and over. Deployment of this system within a contained work area reduces the amount of waste blast media traditionally needed to prepare a surface by as much as 90%.
The methodology is quite simple but HIGHLY effective: blast the surface with steel grit to remove the coating system, while blast personnel blast there are men working around them constantly vacuuming up dust, paint chips and media. Vacuuming sends the assembled waste and good media into the three stage cleaning process wherein 99% of all waste product is separated from the good media. The waste is then automatically delivered into sealed drums for storing and ultimately shipping of the waste product to an appropriate disposal site. Once the waste has been separated from the good media and stored, then the good media is channeled back into the delivery system, blasted against the substrate again, vacuumed and the system continuously cycles.
The end result is as near perfect a profile as free hand delivered blast media can provide for anchoring of a coating. With generated waste decrease by as much as 90%, over traditional blast methods, costs of handling, freight in and out and disposal of waste stream is significantly reduced.
The customer saves money, protects the environment, reduces what have traditionally been tons of waste to essentially pounds of waste and receives a better quality finished product through enhanced anchoring of the new coating.
CCS is dedicated to addressing its environmental responsibilities while enhancing the deliverables.
- Lead Abatement Projects where 100 % Containment is the objective.
- Interior Tank Linings, Exterior Contained Tanks.
- Bridges where containment is mandatory.
- Interior Penstocks, Power Generation Facilities,Interior Industrial Plant works.
- Ship Holds, Voids, Covered Decks.
- Essentially anywhere and everywhere that allows for contained control of the work place atmosphere.
- Steel grit blasting must be completed within an atmospherically controlled environment where humidity, rain and water are not permitted contact with the blast media.
- The back end of the recycling unit must be positioned within 100ft of the entrance to the work area.
- The weight of the recycling unit requires a firm parking area.