Certified Coating Specialists Inc. began its commercial existence in the west Kootenays, an hour’s drive from Castlegar, amongst seven power generation facilities, the Teck Cominco smelter at Trail, two pulp mills, seven mines, handling coal to gold in excess of 12 WWTP, and 30+ bridges. Learning the ropes amongst this diversity of industry demanded almost weekly challenges to be addressed, creative solutions developed and methods for their implementation learned and deployed. Weekly challenge built the back bone, the systems, the programs, the techniques that Certfied now employs to fulfill today’s mission statement.
Over the last seven years Certifed has expanded its original market sectors and service offerings by being consistent contributors to customers in the marine, oil & gas and aquaculture markets.customers such as BC Ferries, Port of Nanaimo, Neptune Terminals, Terasen Gas, Newalta, Marine Harvest and Mainstream Canada Inc.
Each new market Certified enters is done at the request of a prospective customer who has some form of corrosion, release or aesthetic need. We ensure that we fully understand the challenge to be addressed, develop strategic plans to address the challenge then, on authorization, implement solutions.
Certified invariably delivers cost effective, on budget and on time solutions that lead to repeated requests for more assistance.
- Power Generation and Transmission – penstocks, gates, generator rebuilds, power house repaints, transformers, transmission towers
- Marine – ferries, ships, ports, docks, ramps, pilings, aquaculture
- Industrial – structures, equipment, floors
- Oil & Gas – Tank refurbishing, compressor stations, nitrogen systems, pipe lines
- Pulp & Paper – Forestry fiber lines, chlorine plant floor, structural steel, caustic acid area repaints, trestles, conveyance equipment, non-clip flooring applications, co-generation projects
- Waste Water – digesters, fomenters, rake systems, mechanical systems, concrete tanks
Human Safety, environmental stewardship, controlled quality, ethical representation in all matters, these are the guiding principles Certified operates by.