CCS Employment Philosophy
Apprentices, Tradesmen and Foremen
CCS wants the best people in the trade to work for us. If you are one of them, here is what we are offering:
- Challenge: CCS’s work is primarily considered dangerous. We work on either elevated structures, or within confined spaces, on water, or removing lead or applying iso’s. Our credo is simply, “If it was easy the customer would hire local house painters.” Our management position is, “If just about anyone can do it, we will not bid it.”
- Security: CCS has evolved today to be one of the largest industrial coating contractors in Western Canada. We are one of five SSPC Certified Contractors in Canada and have a broad customer base. We operate in a market that is expected to grow exponentially through the next 6 years. There will be no shortage of work.
- Quality of Life: Does it matter to us where you live? Not at all. The greater majority of CCS’s contract work is spread out across western Canada. We all must travel to the job, so where you and your family choose to reside is solely up to you and your choice of life style.
- Safety: CCS is dedicated to the safety of our people. We have an industry leading safe work program that has delivered excellent results. CCS has had no lost time accidents in over 4 years. Ownership believes, “There has never been a dollar bill made that is worth the health or welfare of a single person.”
- Education: Only a fool thinks he knows it all and we do not tolerate fools well. We believe there is always something for every one to learn about this trade. Every year we invest solid money in the advanced education of our people in the form of attendance at trade school, SSPC, NACE, WCB, supplier and other organizations seminars for the advancement of trade, leadership and business knowledge of our people. CCS wants the best people possible, the best are always striving to learn and at CCS the company carries the brunt of the cost, you invest the time.
- Compensation: CCS is an ABPAT loc #138 union contractor. Base rate is $30.95 benefits run $5.87 per hour and include basic MSP, extended health care, vision care, dental, short term disability, life insurance, AD&D.
As stated this is base rate. However CCS wants the best and we are offering more than base rate. For those who show above average trade skills enhanced by secondary trade skills such as shrink wrapping, scaffolding, carpentry, mechanical skills, exemplary spray and pump knowledge, CCS will increase base rate by as much as $2.00 per hour.For those that consistently deliver strong and positive leadership skills, conducive to CCS’s “support the team” leadership philosophy, CCS will increase rate by as much as $3.00 per hour plus participation in CCS’s project bonus compensation program.
- Satisfaction: CCS wants the best and we are willing to pay the best to attract you and keep you. What we want in return is commitment, safety, quality, and effective execution of work in a positive environment.
If you feel you are, or can become, one of the best in the industrial painting trade we want to meet you, discuss options with you and see if there is a solid fit for us both.
If you wish to e-mail your resume, please send .pdf, .rtf or .doc files only or feel free to call us.
Email your resume and position you are applying to: Employment Manager